Pyzam Glitter Text Maker

What's YOUR Testimony?????

Pyzam Glitter Text Maker

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Reality...

Reality is... is that we live in this world but are not OF this world. (John 15:19)


As Christians, we are living in a world of sin. We are bound to be tempted, hurt and face the sicknesses and colds that every parents hates.

Well, this was my week!

I have five beautiful children... all five were sick this week! Runny noses, stuffy noses, sore throats, fevers, coughs, loss of appetite... it was a bad week. SO I bad I declared a full week off of school so we could recover! (Nice being the principal, teacher and mom all in one- that is why I love homeschooling!)






But God told us in His Word that we would have trials and hardships. It tells us to consider it JOY when we face them.
James 1:2-4
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Now I can't say I was 'joyful' of my situation. I knew that I would get through it and I just left my kids in God's hands. We prayed often for healing and for protection over Mom and Dad getting sick... It has been a week and a half that we have had 'yuckys' in our house... Mom has NOT gotten sick. Dad got a little soar throat, but was able to sleep most of it off and all the kids are on the up! We do have those lingering sniffles and have a box of Kleenex in every room, but all are doing better. :)

IS there a reality that you need to look at in the Bible.
Are you suffering? Look at the apostles, they suffered. Jesus suffered. Are you losing family members to death, take a look at Job. Are you being persecuted for your faith, look at Stephen, Paul, Silas.

We live in this world, therefore we will suffer. But be encouraged:
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Be blessed!
-Praying Mom

0 comments: